RAJMA MASALA POWDER
- 100 g cumin seeds
- 120 g coriander seeds
- 10 g carom seeds (ajwain)
- 15 g dried Indian bay leaves
- 5 cloves
- 10 g green cardamom pods
- 15 g black cardamom pods
- 1½ cinnamon quill
- 5 g black peppercorn
- 60 g Kashmiri chilli powder
- 35 g ginger powder
- 1 nutmeg – broken
- 15 g mace
- 70 g dry pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 50 g dry mango powder (amchur)
- 15 g turmeric
- Place coriander seeds into mixing bowl and dry roast 3min / 120degC / speed1 – keep aside.
- Dry roast cumin seeds and carom seeds in the mixing bowl,( until fragrant) 2 -3 min / 120degC / speed1 – keep aside.
- Next, dry roast bay leaves, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, mace, pomegranate seeds in the mixing bowl 3min / 120degC / speed1.
- Transfer the dry roasted spices back into the mixing bowl, along with chilli powder, ginger powder, mango powder and turmeric.
- Allow all the spices to cool slightly, 2-3mins. Insert measuring cup and mill 1 min/speed 10. Repeat process until you achieve a powdery consistency.
- Store in an airtight jar and use as required.