Simple Coconut Chutney
- 400 gm fresh or frozen grated coconut
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 - 6 long red chillies
- 1 tspn cumin seeds, lightly roasted
- 1 Tbs tamarind pulp
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs coriander (optional)
- 1 Tbs water (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl and blend a coarse paste.
- Using a spatula, scrape the bottom to loosen the coconut. If the chutney is too coarse, blend again.
- Variation to the chutney can be made as follows
- substitute tamarind with green mangoes to give mango/coconut chutney
- substitute coriander with mint to give mint/coconut chutney
- add one cup roasted peanut to give peanut/coconut chutney.