Rou rou - Neelu Ashika
Rou rou– a traditional Fijian dish which I make using spinach.
It’s dairy free, vegan and keto friendly too.
15 years…. thanks mum!
Mum is a great cook and this one is another one from her.
This was a dish we did not have in our weekly diet till much later and I must confess it more frequent now. The family has a day in the week dedicated to spinach – yes spinach! For the purpose of its nutritional values.
How fab would it be to dine on fine Indian by the Aegean Sea seated in Santorini.
Yes- I believe it was Rajisthan.
Yes – members of my family have and I do believe have made themselves acquainted too
Yes – kids love Indian food.
My daughter is starting off and so far makes dhal really well.
A very easy recipe prepared within 5 -6mins
- 280 grams ready packed spinach leaves
- Frozen spinach also works well here.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 chili
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- Salt to taste
- 270 gm of Ayam coconut cream
- Cook all the above in high heat.
- Sauté onions in oil
- Add chili garlic and ginger
- Throw in the spinach and when adding salt, less is more as the spinach will wilt and reduce in quantity. I usually add about a 1/4 tsp.
- Cook spinach for Circa a minute even less.
- If you have a hand blender then a couple of zooms in the pot will given the spinach a beautiful green and paste like consistency
- Add the coconut cream, stir well and be sure to enjoy this really delightful, healthy and simple Dish.