Kurkuri Bhindi – Okra Chips
- 250 g bhindi
- ¼ tspn turmeric powder
- ½ tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn coriander powder
- ½ tspn cumin powder
- ½ tspn garam masala powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ½ cup besan
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash whole okra and pat dry with paper towel.
- Remove the tops then slice okra lengthwise in 4 pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, and salt on okra slices. Shake the okra slices in the bowl to coat with the spices.
- Sprinkle gram flour on top on the bhindi and make sure the okra and shake the bowl again to ensure an even coating of besan. Set aside for ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a wok to deep-fry the bhindi.
- Fry the bhindi till crisp and golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on an absorbent paper.
Tip: Leave the okra on a tray in the sun after washing, patting dry to ensure complete dryness. Kurkuri Bhindi can be air fried or baked in the oven.