This recipe is so quick, easy and oh so delicious. Taking only minutes to make, this recipe is sure to become a part of your repertoire, with only a few ingredients, whip this popular dip at a moments notice and wow your guests.
I have a couple of tips that make this hummus creamy and smooth. Use ice cubes instead of cold water to blend and Do Not skip removing the sin off the chickpeas. These 2 steps are crucial to a perfectly smooth dip. You can serve this dip straight away but will improve in taste over a couple of hours.
Hummus - Best Ever
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- 6 Tbs tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- ½ tspn hot chilli paste (or 1 – chilli, sliced)
- 2 Tbs olive oil + 1 Tbs extra
- ½ tspn salt (or to taste)
- ½ tspn ground cumin
- 6 cubes of ice
- 1 k water
- Sumac to garnish
- Open and drain the can of chickpeas. Place the drained chickpeas in a bowl and gently rub the chickpeas and remove the skin. Add water to the bowl and continue peeling the skin off the chickpeas until all the skins start floating to the top. Skim the skins off the top and drain the chickpeas.
- Add the drained, skinned chickpeas, tahini, garlic, salt, chilli, ground cumin, emon juice and olive oil to the mixing bowl and blend 30 sec / speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the (MC) measuring cup, blend 1 min / speed 5 whilst adding the ice cubes one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Place MC back on and blend for further 30 sec / speed 10. (if the hummus is smooth and creamy enough, scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat the process). Taste for seasoning and adjust as required.
- Spread the hummus on a serving plate and using the back of a spoon, make craters in the hummus. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle over sumac.