Chilli Coconut Mayonnaise
- 250 g grapeseed oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tspn Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tspn lemon juice (or vinegar)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 25 g(or more) of chilli paste (I used 25g of Habanero)
- Place egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice (or vinegar) and salt in mixing bowl. Mix 15 sec/speed 4. Scrape sides of the bowl.
- With MC in place, Mix 2 min / speed 4 while slowly pouring oil into the lid. Allow the oil to drizzle into the mixing bowl. (Lift the MC slightly every so often)
- Add the desiccated coconut and chilli paste, Mix 4 sec / speed 4.
- Scrape the sides and repeat 4 sec / speed 4 or until combined
Serve with cold prawns, chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob, roasted vegetables Vary the heat of the mayonnaise by adjusting the amount and type of chilli Don’t use a dark vinegar as it will change the colour of the mayonnaise