- 800 g lamb shoulder (cubed)
- large onion (cut into quarters)
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped into 2cm pieces)
- 1 bunch coriander stalks and roots (set leaves aside for garnishing)
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves (plucked)
- 1 tspn black mustard seeds
- 5 green cardamom pods (bruised)
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs garlic paste
- 2 Tbs ginger paste
- ¾ tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 birdseye chilli (optional)
- 1 Tbs meat curry powder
- ½ Tbs garam masala
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 500 g baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Place onion (or spring onions), coriander stalks and roots into mixing bowl and chop 3sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place oil into mixing bowl and heat 3 mins/Varoma/speed2.
- Add mustard seeds and cook1min/Varoma/rev/speed1.
- Add chopped onion and coriander, a pinch of salt and cook 5mins/Varoma/speed 1.Next add curry leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cook 2min/100deg/speed 1, without measuring cup.
- Add tomato paste, ginge rpaste, garlic paste, chilli (if using), curry powder, turmeric & chilli powder 4min/100deg/speed 1, without measuring cup.
- Add lamb and garam masala,cook 10mins/100deg/rev/speed soft.
- Add salt to taste and water then cook 45mins/90deg/rev/soft speed.
- Add baby spinach leaves if using, cover and set aside for 5mins.
- Stir well, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or puri and raita.