Curry Lamb Chops in Soy Sauce
Here is a recipe for a curry lamb chops with soy sauce. This is one of my favourite dishes and reminds me of my childhood.
Curried Lamb Chops.jpg
Curried Lamb Chops with Soy Sauce.
SERVE WITH HOT RICE.
- ½ kg lamp chops
- 2-3 tbspn tbspn soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch piece of ginger, crushed
- 3-4 chillies, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 med tomato, chopped
- 5-6 cloves
- 5-6 green cardamon
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 star anise
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp meat masala (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted garam masala
- 1/4 cup ¼ cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Trim off excess fat and cut the meat on the bone into bite sized pieces. (your butcher may be able to cut the meat for your if you don’t have a meat cleaver).
- Rinse the meat in warm to hot water, drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy, wide bottom pan. Add the curry leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon quill and star anise. Stir in hot oil for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Next add the diced meat and brown in the hot oil. (this may take 5-8 minutes). Reduce the heat slightly, add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the soy sauce, crushed garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook until the meat is just tender.
- Add the sliced onions and salt if required. Cook uncovered on medium high heat until the meat is tender and the onions have softened.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with garam masala and chopped coriander to garnish.